1) Square paper tiles of side 2cm are cut from a rectangular piece of paper 9cm by 4cm. What is the maximum number of tiles one can get?
2) 3 oranges and 2 mangoes cost as much as 9 oranges and 1 mango. If each mango costs $1.50, find the cost of 1 orange.
3) Jack and I have $150 altogether. If Mother gives me another $30. I will have twice as much as Jack. How much money have I at first?
4) Joe went to a party and met 3 friends. If the four of them shook hands with one another once, how many handshakes were made?
5) Find the sum of 1+3+5+ … +95+97+99
***** Solutions (Updated on 3 June 07) *****